In amongst the hustle and bustle of London, finding a place to relax and unwind after a busy day can often seem like the impossible dream. However, with a basement conversion you can create your own relaxing spa, featuring your own swimming pool, or sauna, in the comfort of your own home.
So, if you’re thinking of converting your London basement into a luxurious spa, here’s what you need to know.
Creating a spa in your London basement
Converting your basement into your own, personal spa is not only an amazing way to make use of your unused space, but it’s also a great way to add value to your London home. From swimming pools to saunas, and rainfall showers to mud huts, a basement spa can offer the perfect area to relax after a long day.
With that in mind, here are a few things you should consider:
- Showers – If you’re thinking of installing a steam room or sauna in your basement spa, you’re likely to want a shower nearby to help you cool off. Perhaps a rainfall shower would help to make the experience even more luxurious.
- Speaker System – One of the best things about having your own private basement spa, is that you can control the music. Whether it’s relaxing rainforest sounds while you chill in your steam room, or motivational music if you decide to include a gym area; investing in a quality sound system can make a real difference. Speak to your Simply Basement design expert about ensuring that your speakers are waterproof.
- Mirrors – Not only do mirrors give the illusion of a bigger space and make the room seem brighter, but they are also great for checking your form while exercising, which can help to prevent any injuries if you decide to install a gym area within your basement spa.
Converting your Basement
At Simply Basement, we strive to create the perfect space for all of our customers, however there are some structural elements that you should consider when planning your basement spa.
- Lighting – In any basement conversion, lighting is an important factor to think about. Without being able to take advantage of natural light, you need to think carefully about how to brighten the space. Speak to your Simply Basement design team expert about what lighting options will be best for you and your property.
- Ventilation – If you’re thinking about including a steam room, shower or an indoor pool in your basement spa, proper ventilation is important. Luckily, there are a number of different ways to keep the air circulating, so be sure to discuss your options with your Simply Basement surveyor.
- Flooring – Basements tend to have concrete floors, which are a perfect base for spa conversions as they are easily waterproofed. Again, speak to your Simply Basement design team expert about your requirements and what flooring will be best for you and your property.
If you’re interested in converting your London basement into a home spa, contact the experts at Simply Basement today on 0800 917 7571 or visit our contact page.